My field of research is Butoh Dance and Creative Movement. I explore specific ways to approach the body and the elements of movement, with particular attention to the role of proprioceptors and internal movement, in search of a personal and authentic way of expressing through my body. I develop tools for movement and enhanced presence to employ them in my performative activity. This can take the shape of a theatrical piece, an installation, an interactive performance, a site specific action and can take place in any type of conventional or non-conventional setting such as theatres, urban spaces, art galleries or clubs.
Stefano Taiutib 1967 Rome, Italy. Lives and works in Berlin, Germany.
- Education and Training
- 1990 Research in the field of Mime and Dance Performance - Training with Adam Darius, Lindsay Kemp, Marcel Marceau and Hal Yamanouchi
- 1998 B.A. in History of Dance and Mime - University La Sapienza - Rome - IT
- 1990/2000 Practice of Capoeria, Yoga, Qi Qung, Contemporary Dance, Contact Improvisation, Floor Work and Instant Composition.
- 1994 Study of Butoh dance following the teaching of Masaki Iwana and Akira Kasai for over 16 years, while also studying with other masters as Yoko Murunoi, Ko Morobushi, Min Tanaka, Daisuke Yoshimoto in repeated stages and choreographed performances.
- 1998 - 2004 Performer, Creative Consultant and Physical Trainer at “Kitonb Extreme Dance Company”
- 2000 Founded of the Butoh Dance Collective “Lios”.
- 2000 - 2013 Organizing with the collective “Lios” - International Butoh Dance Festival “Trasform'azioni ” - Rome - IT
- 2003 - 2011 Founded and directed the dance company “Zeitgeist” producing and choreographing solos and group works with guest artists
- Combined with intense performing activity with solo works presented in theatres, art galleries, urban interventions, clubbing and television.
- As a pedagogue he teaches his method “The Spiritual Mechanism” in master-classes and workshops worldwide.
2019 1000 Year in the Life of a Stone - Zen Garden Installation with Human Figure - Polyphony - Berlin - DE
- 2019 Anthropometry - Radiant Love - Berlin - DE
- 2018 All Beauty is Borrowed at 42 Contemporary Artists by Enter Art Foundation - Gerichtshofe - Berlin - DE
- 2018 Butoh Porn - Lecken - Berlin - DE
- 2018 Contagion - TrashEra - Berlin - DE
- 2018 Icarus Invictus - Krake Festiva l- Berlin - DE
- 2018 Limbe - CNCM - Marseille - FR
- 2017 Enter Art Foundation at Lost Berlin – Willner Brauerei – Berlin – DE
- 2017 Three Short Pieces About Lust - Theaterhaus Berlin Mitte - Berlin - DE
- 2015 - 2016 Christ...Fuck - Collective research project with Gabriella Majorino - Paris - FR
- 2015 Duality - Liber Null Griessmühle - Berlin - DE
- 2014 Gost Cello - Brisbane - AU
- 2014 Nostos - Theatre Furio Camillo - Rome - IT
- 2013 Treibwolke - Kunsthaus Rhenania - Cologne - DE
- 2013 Lust. - McTheatre - Amsterdam - NL
- 2012 Dead Ain’t Bad. - Kunsthaus Rhenania - Cologne - DE
- 2012 Body of Water - Salon de Ijzerstaven - Amsterdam - NL
- 2011 King of Spring - Open Atelier - Laren - NL
- 2011 Primo Movimento - Teatro Palladium - Rome - IT
- 2010 Crudo (Raw) - Prize ZTL - Festival Teatri di vetro - Rome - IT
- 2009 Due volte (Twice) - Festival D10 - Rome - IT
- 2008 Cause of Decease - Festival La Notte Bianca - Rome - IT
- 2007 Il Corpo Fisico (The Physical Body) - Festival Adanthè.vanves - Paris - FR
- 2006 Officine Marconi - Rome - IT
- 2005 D.N.A. - Romaeuropa Festival - Rome - IT
- 2005 Oscar Dolls - Prize of the Audience - Festival Dante Cappelletti - Teatro India - Rome - IT
- 2005 Butoh Punk Opera - Teatro Furio Camillo - Rome - IT
- 2004 Sibyll - Teatro Furio Camillo - Rome - IT
- 2003 - Only Muscles and Bones - Festival Scatole Sonore - Rome - IT
- 2003 - Animal Factory - Teatro Furio Camillo - Rome - IT
To: Stefano Taiuti
Works by Stefano Taiuti