In her paintings Eva Citarrella focuses on figures or objects, mostly made of porcelain, which oscillate between cult and trash. These ironically distorted, sometimes shiny, sometimes dissolving figures, which are based on both the human and the animal form, often seem sentimentally distant and contrast with stylized forms that look like scribbles or fingerprints on a greasy touch screen. The painter breaks the traditional charm of these figures and their seemingly idyllic atmosphere and stages them in a new way. Combined with the color spectrum in the paintings, which ranges from screechy to candy-colored, complex pictorial spaces are created through multiple overlays.
Eva Citarrellab 1982 Hagenow, M/V. Lives and works in Leipzig, Germany.
- 2012 - 2018 Malerei/Grafik - HGB - Leipzig - DE
- Exhibitions (Selected)
Glory Extensions - A&O Lab - Leipzig - DE
Porcelain - Leipziger Baumwollspinnerei, Halle 14, Studio 1 - Leipzig - DE
- Diplomausstellung - HGB Leipzig - DE
- 42 Contemporary Artists by Enter Art Foundation - Gerichtshöfe - Berlin - DE
- KLASSE KLASSE - Tapetenwerk - Leipzig - DE
- Leipziger Baumwollspinnerei - Halle 20 - DE
- Schere Stein Papier - Galerie Bipolar - Leipzig - DE
To: Eva Citarrella
Works by Eva Citarrella