I grew in very dense, intense vernacular (linguistic, aesthetic and cultural) atmosphere. bombarded with lots of images, objects and subjects in everyday life. definition of what is “everyday life” or vernacular or in between is vary and contradicting from people to people and culture to culture. so those elements became part of my practice. and then i came up with the series called “remapping” where i used urban elements from city life as multilayered idiom . the process of manipulating what’s in front of us, to create a representation of what was there. In this way my work becomes documentation and manipulation at the same time. making an image of an image of an image, the image I make ends up appearing in so many ways: real, not real. There are infinite ways of being as there are people. So I point to layers, and the many ways of seeing an element, as a process to get underneath things.
Jignesh Panchalb 1981 Ahmedabad, India. Lives and works in Ahmedabad, India.
- Studied Painting At Sheth C.n. College Of Fine Arts, 2001-06.
- SOLO EXHIBITION AT GALLERY STRUEMPFE, MANNHEIM 2016.
- RE:BUILT a site specific exhibition at Le corbusier building (mill owner’s building), Ahmedabad, March 2016.
- After works Bei Trockles, a solo exhibition sponsored by Karin Trockles In Berlin, Sep 2015.
- Indian Vocabulary A Solo Exhibition At Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi Sponsored By Zoca, Dec 2013.
- The 9th Supper A Solo Exhibition Of Paintings At Gallery Struempfe, Mannheim Germany, Oct 2012.
- Urban Dialogues A Solo Exhibition Of Paintings At Gujarat State Lalit Kala Academy, Sep 2012.
- Civic Clutter A Solo Show Of Paintings At Gujarat State Lalit Kala Academy, Feb 2011.
- From Surroundings A Solo Show Of Paintings At Bajaj Capital Art House New Delhi, Jan 2010.
- City Revisited A Solo Show Of Paintings At Art Maestros New Delhi, Apr 2009.
- In The Course Of Time, A Group Show By Art Stand At The Gallery, Amdavad Ni Gufa Apr 2015.
- White~ Absence And Opulence A Group Show Organized By Zoca At Kanoria Gallery For Arts, Apr 2014.
- Art Affair A Group Show Of B&w Drawings At The Gallery Amdavad Ni Gufa, Ahmedabad Dec 2012.
- Group Show Of Paintings At Rathaus Mannheim, Germany, Sep 2012.
- 1x1 Foot Show Sponsored By Studio Verve, Dec 2011.
- Fragrance Of Eternity, A Group Show Organized By Smart Art Hub At Amdavad Ni Gufa Sep 2011.
- Discrete Phenomena, A Group Show At Amdavad Ni Gufa June 2011.
- Spring, a Group Show Of Paintings By Nikita Creations At Hutheesing Visual Art Centre, Ahmedabad April 2011.
- Painted Poems, An Art Event Organized By Vikram Sarabhai Int. Art Festival (natrani),ahmedabad Dec 2010.
- Ganesha Adorn, A Group Show Organized By Lemongrass Hooper Ahmedabad Sep 2010.
- Canvas Cult, Participation In India International Art Fair,new Delhi, Sep 2010.
- The One Square Foot Show A Charity Show For Animals At Amdavad Ni Gufa, 2010.
- Smart Show A Group Show Of Painting At Amdavad Ni Gufa June, 2010.
- Art Spotting, a Group Show Curated By Sushma Bahal at Art Positive New Delhi June, 2010.
- Art Clique A Group Show Organized At Amdavad Ni Gufa By Navdeep Pratishthan, Apr 2010.
- The New Vanguard A Group Show Of Painting At Amdavad Ni Gufa By Frangipani Arts In Feb, 2010.
- Show A Group Show Of Paintings At Faculty Of Fine Arts At M S University, Jan 2010, Baroda.
- 18 Avenues A Group Show By Montage Arts. At New Delhi, Dec 2010.
- Online Group Show Of Paintings By Online Gallery Tangerine Art Space Bangalore, Nov 2009.
- Group Show Curated By Anupa Mehta At Lansdown Gallery, Mumbai Dec 2008.
- Group Show Organized Delhi Friends Round Table At New Imperial Hotel, New Delhi 2008.
- Group Show At Beyond Arts, Ahmedabad 2008.
- Two Man Show Of Paintings At Contemporary Art Gallery Ahmedabad, Feb 2007.
- Grant Received By Gujarat State Lalit Kala Academy, Govt. Of Gujarat In 2012.
- Grant Received By Gujarat State Lalit Kala Academy, Govt. Of Gujarat In 2010.
- Grant Received By Gujarat State Lalit Kala Academy, Govt. Of Gujarat In 2009.
To: Jignesh Panchal
Works by Jignesh Panchal